Happy Birthday Arlo!
It's starting to sink in...you will continue to grow, continue to amaze, continue to amuse, and continue to generate love, laughter, and happiness wherever you go.
What a sweet, caring boy you are. As your mother I am always so proud to see my boy share his things with great enthusiasm, to (almost always) say please and thank you, to treat others gently, and my favorite, how you always compliment me! "I love your new dress Mom" kills me everytime.
Of course you have your moments...You ARE quite contrary. I guess you got a double dose of independence from Mom and Dad. Payback's a bitch I guess.
AND you barely eat...I'm sure you'll make up for it in a few years - but for now your main staples are peanutbutter and nutella. Just this week you discovered the bliss of zucchini bread peanutbutter sandwiches...Yum!
Your love of cars and all things with tires continues...Just the other day...'I see Toyotas'...hee hee. That is still cracking us up. I figure by the time your 6 you may have every matchbox car there is. But I can't complain, at least you are easily and cheaply pleased!
You are a fairly clean little boy - not too gross (although today you admitted to tasting mud). And we are happy to see that you are really toughening up - you never want to let them see you sweat!
SO - this year we celebrated with a bang! You made it pretty clear all you wanted for your birthday was a climber/playhouse. Ask and you shall receive my little prince. We were crazy busy planning and building 'Arlo's Shop' and of course it's not even done yet, but it was done enough for your big 4 year party! All your friends had a blast! The inside of your shop looked like Animal House! And Big Ben even came to show you all how to juggle - way cool! And ofcourse this year you requested a tire cake - well why not?
Good Times.
So, I'm telling you now, never change. Listen to your mother. I want to wake up every morning with Arlo cuddles on the couch, and end every night being showered in sweet little boy kisses.
Love Mom





No comments:
Post a Comment