Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker

Friday, September 19, 2008

Happy Birthday Arlo!

To my little Arlo on your 1st birthday,

I imagine that never in your life will you change so much so fast, and though this year will shape you for great things to come, you won’t remember any of it – so let me tell you…

The day you were born, the heat of a long summer finally broke. As I held you in my arms for the first time, in the peace of our home, I delighted in our reunion. I had been waiting for you for a long time, my whole life in fact. And now here you were - a sweet little defenseless baby and we were in charge – ho ho, isn’t that funny!

Since that day you’ve grown about 10 inches, gained 20 pounds, lost hair and grown hair (although not much), and sprouted 8 teeth. You’ve held your head, rolled over, sat up, crawled, stood up, and now walking is looming on the horizon! You’ve smiled, laughed, and uttered your first word “DaDa” (I take no offense). You defy my commands and laugh in my face. You beg me to chase you, catch you, and tickle you mercilessly. You give hugs and kisses, and gladly receive them too.

You are observant and contemplative. I often find you sitting quietly by your bookshelf, surrounded by books and flipping through the pages. You’ll stack anything, and you flip everything over to find the “business” end…I shall never introduce you to a screw driver!

You are a boob man through and through – no formula has ever passed your lips. We spend hours every day cuddling, and napping – As I watch you sleep I can’t believe that someday you won’t fit in my lap.


I love the little man that you are, and can’t wait to meet the big man you will become.

All my love,

Mom

No comments: