Wow! What a Fabulous 3rd Birthday!
I can't believe my little Arlo is so big. Almost 40 inches and almost 40 pounds! You talk a mile a minute these days, telling us all kinds of tall tales, describing quite emphatically what sounds trucks make...he said, he said stories about your best friends...All that good stuff.
Just yesterday you told me to give you some lovin', and like a sucker I leaned in for a big hug and you licked me all the way up my face - what a little BOY you are! yuck...and you giggled away...
I can't believe my little Arlo is so big. Almost 40 inches and almost 40 pounds! You talk a mile a minute these days, telling us all kinds of tall tales, describing quite emphatically what sounds trucks make...he said, he said stories about your best friends...All that good stuff.
Just yesterday you told me to give you some lovin', and like a sucker I leaned in for a big hug and you licked me all the way up my face - what a little BOY you are! yuck...and you giggled away...
So...We started off your BIG day with Swedish pancakes, of course, and then dove into the first batch of presents while video chatting with Nana. Thanks to everyone (Nana & Pop Pop, Grammy K, Grandpa Bob, Papa John, Great Grandma Nancy, Great Grandma Shirley, Great Nana, Great Grandma Joan, Uncle Carl & Aunt Lisa, Great Aunt Lisa, Aunt Jodie, Aunt Debbie...) for all the wonderful presents and cards...we opened things slowly through the day, and you enjoyed sitting and checking out every one of them thoroughly before moving on.
Then it was time to Party!
You were so excited for the party that you couldn't even take your nap...I listened to you singing in your room for quite some time before I went in and "released you". So you helped us set everything up...
I know the shop doors need to be painted, but check out your nifty Birthday Banner...I bet I'll be able to squeeze 20, 30, and even 40 on there - no problem! Yes, I am already planning on how to torture you for years to come...But THIS year you thought it was very cool.
And we had race car cake! 3 boxes of cake, 3 jars of icing, 2 batches of fondant, 3 hours of (back breaking) decorating, 2 technicolor hands...Look on 3 year old's face...priceless.
We had 9 boys for the celebration, so we needed monster trucks, and race cars a-plenty! You even got your very own Monster Jam!
Mom was so busy enjoying her food and wine (and stress release!), that pictures are far and few between, not to mention that we couldn't get any of you wild boys to hold still long enough for a photo...but our youngest guests were happy to oblige...
Mom was so busy enjoying her food and wine (and stress release!), that pictures are far and few between, not to mention that we couldn't get any of you wild boys to hold still long enough for a photo...but our youngest guests were happy to oblige...
Owen, Sylvan's little brother...and Harrison, Dylan's little brother...
It was a GREAT DAY! You really had a TON of fun - hard to tell sometimes as I think you have inherited Pop Pop's enthusiasm, but I don't think you really believed that the party was going to happen, and that all of your friends would be there just for YOU. When we sang happy birthday you cracked a smile, but then got overwhelmed and hid behind my skirt...I thought you wanted to be the center of attention, but I guess you changed your mind! At least there was no crying - not you, not anyone. Everyone played so nice together...it was very special and sweet.
I can't wait to see how you grow and change this year - You just keep making things more and more fun (and, yes, sometimes gross) everyday!
Love Mom
Love Mom




No comments:
Post a Comment